Thread: Flying the Maule

Default Flying the Maule

I have been trying out a couple of the beginner scenario's involving the Maule and mountain flying.

My first problem is with controlling the Maule on the ground during take offs, severe skew to the port side. It's a tail-dragger, but can't find an un-lock for the rear wheel. (if that's the problem)

Second problem is that I can't seem to get any speed, or altitude, to fly the mountain routes. I have flown it a few times in free flight ok, but can't seem to get through even the easy FSX sims.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by harryset View Post
    I have been trying out a couple of the beginner scenario's involving the Maule and mountain flying.

My first problem is with controlling the Maule on the ground during take offs, severe skew to the port side. It's a tail-dragger, but can't find an un-lock for the rear wheel. (if that's the problem)

Second problem is that I can't seem to get any speed, or altitude, to fly the mountain routes. I have flown it a few times in free flight ok, but can't seem to get through even the easy FSX sims.
    Are you using a joystick or yoke? If so what is the make and model? Might be settings on there. Have done the mountain mission a few times and didn't have any skew or altitude issues. Set the flaps 2 notches down at the start of the mission. Once in the air, retract flaps to normal. The altitude gain is slow as your in thinner air than lower elevations, be patient! When landing at the final destination, use full flaps and speed down below 70 knots.

jrocky