Thread: Fsx Deluxe On Windows 7 64 Bit

Default Fsx Deluxe On Windows 7 64 Bit

HI THERE hope someone can give me a good answer,
    i have a xps studio 8100 64bit with windows 7 premium and ive looked alllover
    internet to see if fsx deluxe will install on windows 7 64 bit some say yes some say no
    when i try to install it all works up too when it asks where u woud like it too install too (folder) then the screen goes black and nothing else happens hope someone can help or give me a good answer cheers lee

The good news is that YES, Flight Simulator Deluxe will work with Windows 7 64-bit OS...the bad news is that it is ratehr strange that your computer would lock up at that point during an install. Right off the bat, I don't know what it could be, but I would assume that first, you are installing from the dvds correct? Second, are your copies of the discs in good condition? I would honestly starty all over and see if the issue persists. It mey be a strange possibility that the discs are bad and you can see about getting them exchanged.
    Jim M.
    Official Drunken Pilot

System:
    Dell XPS L702X
    2nd Gen Intel Core i7 2630 @ 2.0 to 2.9ghz
    6gb 1333 RAM
    nVidia GT555M 3gb w/Optimus
    17" TL 1600x900 LED
    128gb Kingston SSD
    640gb Toshiba 7200rpm HDD
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

"why don't you go in the back and make us some Old Fashions my boy!" -Jim Backus

brand new disks matey

MAke sure you are admin, make sure uAC is off, dont install it to the default folder, install it to say c:/fsx or another drive or you will have security issues. and things wont work, its a win7 thing.

To expand on Mjrhealth's post, installing to the default folder won't hurt as long as you have turned off the UAC as he stated. There seems to be an advantage to installing to your own folder as opposed to the default one that FSX specifies, especially if you tend to install a lot of 3rd party add-ons which require copying/modifying files within the FSX directory.

As risky as it sounds, on my laptop, I leave UAC off all the time. I have a firewall and antivirus program installed and running and I have yet to have any breaches, crashes or any other issues systemwide due to this setting change...take it for what it's worth, but if you side with caution, then follow Mjrhealth's suggestions.

Jim
    Jim M.
    Official Drunken Pilot

System:
    Dell XPS L702X
    2nd Gen Intel Core i7 2630 @ 2.0 to 2.9ghz
    6gb 1333 RAM
    nVidia GT555M 3gb w/Optimus
    17" TL 1600x900 LED
    128gb Kingston SSD
    640gb Toshiba 7200rpm HDD
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

"why don't you go in the back and make us some Old Fashions my boy!" -Jim Backus

also when the screen goes black the flight sim logo or installer remains at the bottom and when i right clik itit says install driver module which i do but still nothing