Thread: Can't find my FSX.cfg file???

Default Can't find my FSX.cfg file???

Hey everyone,

Having read the tip/tweaks threads they make mention of several changes that can be made to the fsx.cfg file. The only problem is that I cannot find my fsx.cfg file anywhere. I have looked in every conceivable place and done several searches on my harddrives to no avail. I am pretty computer literate and am lost on this one.

Does anyone have any answers/suggestions?

Thanks,

Vince

it is a hidden file so you have to go to file options and click show hidden files then go to "D:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX" (the D: might be a c in your case) then there will be a file called fsx you can open it with notepad and make sure you change your folder options back to don't show hidden files afterward,

Steven

Worked like a charm. Thanks a lot!

Vince

Question

Quote Originally Posted by quayle View Post
    it is a hidden file so you have to go to file options and click show hidden files then go to "D:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX" (the D: might be a c in your case) then there will be a file called fsx you can open it with notepad and make sure you change your folder options back to don't show hidden files afterward,

Steven

what about vista because on my computer D:\ is my recovery