Thread: Fsx Out Of Memory

Exclamation Fsx Out Of Memory

Hi I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem with flight simulator x here is the message. (Your computer has run out of available memory. Please restart Flight Simulator and select different graphics,scenery, or traffic settings.) My specs are

Dell Dimension DXP061
    Intel Core 2 CPU @ 2.40Ghz
    4 Gig of Ram
    NVidia Geforce 7900 GS
    Windows XP SP3
    250 Gig Hard drive W/ 159 GIG left.

FSX settings are as high as they will go with FPS around 15 on land and 30 over water.
    Last edited by boeing737800; 19th August 2009 at 08:58 PM.

Hey
    I have had same thing what I found through google was I had too many programs installed on my system. So I uninstalled what I didn't use anymore and poof....worked like a charm.
    hope this helps.

You can do that,uninstall them,or you can simply switch it off temp during your sim flying,then switch them on back later.Anything such as spam scanner,anti virus scanners and firewall's take up most of your memory resources.

Thanks for all the help will try it when I get home. What I think it my be from is when I fly with Delta Virtual Airlines they have a software that I can run which will help my file a flight report for them.

Hi all,

I have seen that error message numerous times. In my case it is normally caused by my installing an incompatable file. Most often, but not limited to, older (FS 98) gauge files.

I use a Logitech G15 keyboard, so I can, and have done so often, monitor my CPU and memory usage from the keyboard's LCD "on the fly" and have had this "error" pop up while using as little as 50% of my installed memory.

My point is: Don't limit yourself to troubleshooting memory issues when you see this message. Quite often, it has nothing to do with memory at all.

See ya, Milt

I used to use a little app called "End-it-all 2" (you can google it). It kills temporarily all the programs that aren't needed for your comp to run, freeing up alot of resources. Also make sure you page file is set up properly (google it). I had this problem too, but after I went to 4 gigs ram and removed all FS9 port-overs, my RAM never went above 65% usage (on G15 keyboard). hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by boeing737800 View Post
    FSX settings are as high as they will go...
    Clearly, there is your culprit. Just turn a couple down a notch or two and you will be fine. Also watch out for setting the AI aircraft, cars and boats sliders too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Spetz View Post
    I used to use a little app called "End-it-all 2" (you can google it). It kills temporarily all the programs that aren't needed for your comp to run, freeing up alot of resources. Also make sure you page file is set up properly (google it).
    Excellent suggestions. Resetting the paging file can free up memory and I've used End-It-All with racing sims for years. It's also great to use before installing programs and before defragging.

Hi All

(Long time)

What version of FSX is running? Have you loaded any of the Service Packs or FSX Acceleration. The original FSX that I pre-ordered had a big memomy leak issue on Vista. MS released a fix shortly after FSX's release to address the issue, but FSX SP1 will fix it too.
    Have a look at the downloads section at www.fsinsider.com.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Cheers
    Jaco Smit

Please don't call my hobby a game.

http://jacosmit.blogspot.com
    ---------------------------------------------------