Thread: Aircraft speed in fsx

Default Aircraft speed in fsx

If i plan a flight from let's say JHB inter to JFK in America. According FSX the flight will take 24 hrs at 330 knots. Which is allowed in FSX before the overspeed buzzer sounds. But the plane spec sheet says the cruising speed is closer to lets say 800 knots. Is there some where to correct this. Or should i not worry about the buzzer.

Default Ditto

Yea, this is something that I have always questioned. I am flying the RJ at Mach. .5ish when I get the overspeed warning. I know that this bird can fly at roughly .8 mach. What gives. how would one reset this so as to fly real world speeds without being screamed at by a overspeed siren. I doesn't make any sense to be restricted to speeds which are considerably lower than that of true cruise speeds.

I fly long destinations so I like to fly pedal to the metal as they say. If you're not too bothered about flying over 340 knots, in the aircraft config file change the parameters to this:

criuise_speed = 10000.0
    max_mach = 0.90
    max_indicated_speed = 10000

With these settings I fly anywhere in the world as fast as I want. Now I can turn on my PC woofers and really hear the aircraft flying without that irritating overspeed noise coming on.

Try it. It works....

Question for you though,

Do you just add these to your say "Commercial" Planes aircraft.cfg files? So that it doesnt affect other planes also? As i was actually wondering the same very thing last night. Cause you set your cruise speed in most of these planes to round 330-340 knots so it doesnt make the aweful noise of overspeed all the time. . . .And you said max speed Mach 0.9. Any Specific reason for doing that? Cause most of these planes shouldnt really go past say 1000km/h, so cant you just up the overspeed thing to say round 535 knots? Which will be just below 1000km/h?

Thx in advance for help :P

Hi guys,

I did a post on this subject a while back. Here's the link: http://www.fsx.co.za/showthread.php?t=2240

I hope this helps.

See ya, Milt
    If it ain't broke..., fix it any damn way!!!

Whats your typical cruising flightlevel if I may ask?

Quote Originally Posted by skydancer View Post
    Whats your typical cruising flightlevel if I may ask?
    Not sure who this is aimed at though hehe.

Well so far the flights i have been flying its varied lots, but id say round 20000ft, and a couple i went to round 30000ft. I guess also that the higher you get, the faster your ground speed will be even though your speed is still at say 320-340 knots? or am I wrong by saying that.

As mentioned, this is something new to me, so might have loads of silly questions still to come as i try and learn more about this :P
    So patience is allways appreciated

Hi Sirvalinor,not really aimed at anyone,just wanted to know more or less from everyone what your cruising alt is,but you can fly higher then F300(30000ft on standard pressure setting),a B737-800 can go u to as high as over F400.So with the airbus you can reach similar flightlevels.And thats correct,the higher you fly,the less dense air gets,therefor the faster you can fly

I fly at mach 500 on yaw, You can see a lot in 5 minutes.