Thread: Private pilot checkride

Default Private pilot checkride

Is it just me or is this checkride simply impossible? I have over 200 hours on the simulator but the requirements for this test seem impossibly difficult. What's your experience been?

same with me... i think the requirements are pretty tough... i can't maintain constant speed during steep turns. and where do you fail ?

Default PPL Checkride

Hi,
    Just completed the PPL Checkride yesterday, and my best tip is this...

Make a note of the correct power setting for airspeed 100 and make sure you hit it as soon as you level out, then trim as soon as possible before the first turn. You don't get a lot of time to trim but it makes it a lot easier to hold the speed during the turns if you get that right.

Also, once you have completed the turns make sure you listen to the instructions when approaching the runway, you get quite an interesting speech from the examiner if you make the same silly mistake that I did

Good Luck, stick with it
    C

I passed mine on the 2nd attempt. It wasn't at all easy! Huge amount of concentration required to keep the speed and altitude in check. flying the fsx cessna doesnt really help either. The next checkride, is nearly impossible,to me anyways.