Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What's your favourite aircraft?

Wow thats interesting to hear Avi8ter, the closest I came to a C172, is a Jabiru J430 4 seater aircraft, or perhaps the P92 Tecnam echo. But sadly did not get to complete my PPL. Company I worked for then liquidated got 48hrs.

Skydancer - If it's at all possible find a way to get your PPL...you'll never regret it. Myself, I had to give up flying the real thing back in the early 80's (now I've done it...dated myself) due to finances, then kids came along and finially a heart attack in the mid 90's ended my aviation career permanently. All in all I have never been sorry I took the plunge and still have many great memories. My old flight instructor said something about getting your PPL..."You've done something that many dream of but few ever accomplish." I use that quote quite a lot. When I quit, I had about 300 hours and all just being a "weekend warrior" out flying with my friends or just by myself. Get your license my friend, you'll never regret it.

Mark
    (Avi8tor)

Thanx Avi8tor

I tell myself that alot, that one day I would love to return back to the skies and continue my dream. However, with today's prices here in South Africa, im considering doing my MPL rather than PPL, as it would be a much cheaper form of flying for me and even the social network within the Microlight/Ultralight catogory is big. Ah thats a pity, its strange how things work out when one is trying to accomplish his dream. And for one, like me, I still believe that I was born with wings