Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabin announcements

Default Cabin announcements

Hiya,

I was wondering if any of you know of some freeware crew-simulation add-ons? For instance, where the flight deck interacts with the cabin, head flight-attendant, announcement P.A., etc. I've been looking at FS2Crew and FDC Live Cockpit, and while it seems to be what I'm looking for, I'm still curious as to whether there is a freeware add-on that does more or less the same thing?

About 2 years ago I used to have a gauge-addon for FS2002, that basically had 7 small push-buttons, each triggering a .wav file with a cabin announcement. Even an add-on like that (but for FSX) would be better than nothing - cabin announcements have a way of adding more "atmosphere" to the whole experience.

Hmm.... I had one for FS9 that added a panel. Each button made a different announcement. I can't remember the name though.

I don't think I've seen one for FSX yet.

FS2Crew is very good! Also have a look "It's your plane" by FSAddon, although it requires an active internet connection to work while flying. http://fsaddon.com/products/products_IYP.html

I Like fs2crew,have one installed with PMDG 737,and I like it very much.I remember the one you guys talking about,but so far ive only come across the freeware which installs for the default planes,but nothing more complex like fs2crew.But they are quite cheap when buying from the net,I'll rather buy one for under R200.

Kind regards

Markb

Quote Originally Posted by skydancer View Post
    but so far ive only come across the freeware which installs for the default planes
    Any idea where this freeware might be found? I do agree that FS2Crew is truly excellent, but forking out roughly R200 per plane is a bit steep... besides, they don't support the default 737-800 for FSX (from what I can see).
    Last edited by Aeros; 3rd July 2007 at 03:09 AM.

Have a look on avsim.com,im not sure about FSX though,but there is some for Fs9.Check it out Hope you find what you are looking for.

Kind regards

Markb

Took the plunge and bought the FS2Crew for the 747 - quite a difference it makes. Takes a bit of getting used to though.

There we go,great stuff Yeah its a bit of a learning curve,but trust me,you'll enjoy it once you get the hang of it I went through the same exercise.But its worth it

I think we should get sales commission on all these add-ons we're recommending, don't you Mark?

Haha

The only problem I with FS2Crew so far is the fact that you're not all that much "in control". It's more as if you know exactly what's going to happen, and if you make one mistake it affects almost the entire rest of the flight. (Like forgetting to press a particular button would bring all the other voice events out of sync).

But yes, I'm sure that once you're over the learning curve you actually enjoy it and stop worrying about pressing the right buttons at the right time,

yes. It does have a steep learning curve! But well worth it!